- Draft ProDoc
- Sign-off from project partners and stakeholders
Once the ProDoc is nearly completed, it is best practice to hold a final validation workshop with all the project partners involved in the project’s development. The goal of the ProDoc validation workshop is to finalize all the key elements of the project design and secure agreement and support for the project by key partners. The validation workshop can also achieve the following functions:
- Serve as a forum to finalize conversations on co-financing and budget with key project partners;
- Explain next steps in the GEF project cycle, including drafting grant agreement, agency approval, and project implementation;
- Managing expectations around timing and funding;
- Initiate or conclude the process of GEF OFP ProDoc review by the relevant government ministry, depending on the OFP internal process in country. At a minimum, a copy of the ProDoc and CEO Endorsement document should be sent to the OFP prior to submission.
- Validate any final environmental and social assessment/mitigation plans with relevant stakeholders.
Participation at a validation workshop should be limited to project partners that have had an active role in the project development to date and/or are receiving GEF funding during execution. This may include: the Project Development Team, executing partners, relevant government ministries, and the OFP. The Lead Executing Agency should host the validation workshop.